Thursday 25 October 2018

2. Our good God


 

Angela was very happy with the thought that the good God was the One who created the whole world. Of course, in her childish mind she still had many questions, because she could not understand some things. So, after picking a few more flowers to give them to her dad, when they returned home, she went to her mum and said: 
"Mum, I was thinking about what you told me, but I have a question."
"What is your question, my daughter?"
"Did our good God create everything except me?"
"Why are you saying that, my baby?"
"Because you gave birth to me."
Sophia smiled at her daughter's observation, and, after hugging her tightly once more in her motherly embrace, she said:
"My sweet little girl, we are all the creations of our good God. Me, you and Dad, and all humans, were created by our good God."
"How did He create us, mum?"
"It is a wonderful story that, when you learn it, you will love our good God even more!"
"Tell me, mum, I can't wait to learn it!"
"Well, before our good God created us, humans, He first made the entire material world we see. He made, that is, the sky with the stars and the earth with all the trees, the flowers and the animals. He did all these things within six days."
"How did He do all these things so quickly?"
"He did all these things with just a single command. He said they were to be created and they were created immediately."
"Now, mum, I understand why He is almighty!" said little Angela with admiration. "Did He also create us, humans, in the same way? Did He say we were to be created and we were?"
"No! He created us in a very different way. He first took soil from the earth and made the body of man, so that we never forget that our body is perishable and that one day, after our death, it will again become soil. Then He blew his Divine Breath in his face and immediately man received life and an immortal soul!"
"What does immortal mean?"
"That it will never die, it will never be lost, but it will always exist in eternity."
"Mum, do I have a body and a soul?"
"Yes! You and I and all humans are made up of a body and a soul."
“And when we die, what happens?"
"When we die, the body returns to the earth and becomes soil again, while our immortal soul returns back into the embrace of God, from where it came."
"So, mum, when I die one day, will my soul go into our good God's embrace?"
"Yes my baby! It will return back to the sweetest, the most affectionate and the tenderest embrace in the world. Into the embrace of God our Father!"
"Mum, from now on I will never fear death, since I will always be in the embrace of our good God."
"No one, my baby, who loves our good God, ever fears death, because he knows that it is the way that we will be with Him forever!"
"Mum, how should I speak to our good God?"
"You'll speak to Him, as you speak to me. With much love and trust."
"I call you and dad, "my mum" and "my dad." How should I call our good God?"
"You will call Him "my sweet Daddy" and He will hide you in His divine heart with much motherly love. He is, my Angela, the real "Mother" and the "Father" of your soul. If you call us, your parents, "mum" and "dad", we who gave you only your body, which one day will become soil again and will be lost; then what must you call our good God, who gave you the most precious gift, your immortal soul?"
"From today on, mum, I will call upon our good God like this: "My sweet, heavenly Dad, I love You very much, with all the strength of my heart!"
Two tears of joy and emotion ran out of mum Sophia's eyes. She did not know what sweet words to say to God about the lovely girl He gave her. She could only say from the depths of her heart: "My God, thank You very much!"

No comments:

Post a Comment