Monday 24 December 2018

6. The guardian Angel



Returning home through the forest was very beautiful and pleasant. A multitude of little birds were chirping happily and many white flowers had created a wonderful natural carpet that you could not look at and admire enough.
However, Sophia noticed that her daughter was not paying attention to the beauties of nature, because she was worrying about something.
"What are you thinking about, Angela?"
"I was thinking, mum, about all the things you told me about the Archangel Michael and the angels, but also the evil Lucifer with his demons who want bad things for us."
"It is very beautiful, my daughter, to always think about the holy angels and the Archangel Michael. That is, for you to live like the angels in heaven, with absolute love and trust in our King God! Like that you will give great joy to our good God!"
"I want, mum, to always make our God rejoice. But I am afraid that I will be deceived by the wicked one, as he did with Adam and Eve, and I do something that would greatly sadden our Heavenly Father."
"You should not be afraid at all, my sweet little girl, of the evil Satan, because our God, on the day you were baptized and became a Christian, gave you a unique gift, a powerful friend and helper, of whom Satan is very afraid."
"Who is it, mum? Do I know him?"
"You do not know him, my daughter, but today you will learn about him and love him very much. He is sent from heaven, from our God the Father Himself, so that he will always be near you, every minute and every moment of your life, wherever you are. He is, my child, your guardian Angel! An angel who, as long as you live here on earth, will be your personal heavenly protector and helper."
"Does he love me, mum, like you do?"
"He loves you very much. More than I and your dad love you. He keeps you in his angelic embrace with a lot of love and affection, and he looks after you, so that no harm comes to you!"
"How much I'd like to see him, mum! I feel so happy!"
"I'm glad you're happy, Angela! As long as you will love our good God and you will struggle to live according to His holy Will, like a small earthly angel, you will always be happy and your guardian angel will hold you tenderly in his arms and will speak to you secretly in your soul!"
"How will he speak to me, mum, since I cannot hear him?"
"The angels, my daughter, speak to our soul with the grace of the Holy Spirit. They speak secretly in our mind and in our heart and help us to have good thoughts, to make the right decisions, and avoid anything that is evil or sinful."
"But, mum, since our guardian angel shows us good and evil, why do we humans often make mistakes?"
"The angels, my child, help us understand what's right and what's wrong. But they do not interfere with our personal choices."
"Why, mum?"
"Because, according to the gift of freedom that God gave us, we must decide by ourselves whether we do good or bad. When we choose to do the right thing, our angels rejoice. When, however, we choose to do something wrong, they are saddened and weep for our bad deeds."
"Really mum? Can we make our angel cry?"
"Of course, my child. Every time we make a mistake, they are saddened and weep because at that moment with our actions, we are moving away from God."
"What can we do, mum, to stop our angel crying and to be happy again?"
"To ask God for forgiveness, for the mistake and sin that we have made. Every time we say the word "sorry", our angel rejoices and embraces us even more tenderly!"
"What else gives joy to our angel, mum?"
"When we love and trust God our Father, as a baby does with his mum, and pray with much love to Him! When we take Holy Communion and receive the Holy Body and Blood of our Saviour Jesus! When we are simple, humble and compassionate, and when we do good deeds, which give joy and love to each of our fellow human beings."
"I'm so happy, mum, for everything that you have told me about my guardian Angel! Thank you my sweet God, for giving him to me, and I love You very much!!!"